Monday, October 22, 2007

The last day of the Impala SS


It's true. I sold my 1996 Impala SS with under 100k miles on Saturday. It was a sad day. My father had an Impala when he was younger and I proudly carried on that Linke tradition by owning one in college up until now. I had that car for over 11 years. That is a long relationship any way you look at it. I will always have tons of fun memories about that car and it's occupants. I would love to bring up a couple of those fond memories with some of my pals like Anders, Heller, and Hoblit, but I am not sure what the statue of limitations is in Minnesota so I will refrain. This is a picture as I am waiting in the parking lot for the new owner to arrive and take new ownership.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh, a sad day indeed. I felt a similar loss when I waved goodbye to my VW GTI, complete with German heat and quirky electrical problems. I imagine it's like sending the first child off to college: fond memories, but a fond future lay ahead.

At least the new owner will need earplugs, too.