Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hawaii

Aloha from Hawaii!!

We are currently on the island of Kauai and have had an amazing trip so far. Rob and Carla's wedding was so much fun, and we will post some images from the event later next week. Here are a couple of images from the rest of our trip so far. The mountain in the background in this image is called diamond head and it is a dormant volcano. It was the backdrop for Rob and Carla's wedding. Then we took a trip up to the north side of Oahu to witness the Bonsai pipeline. I can easily say that these were the biggest waves I have ever seen in my life! Then we flew out to Kauai to slow things down a bit. We went to a beach yesterday that had a monk seal sitting on the beach. There are only about 1200 in existence and 35 on this island. So as you can imagine I had to take a picture.

Here is Jenn with Diamond Head in the background....


John and Kevin analyze their chances of survival should they try body surfing on the Bonsai pipeline...

A veteran surfer...



Roped off sleeping area for an adolescent Monk seal...



Hanging out on the beach at sunset in the formation of YMCA... :-)




More images to follow later...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN!!

I love the picture of YMCA. That's great.

L
D

Anonymous said...

Can you relay a message to Don for me?

I was one of his students at Willy in 1972.

Gombey Flight, Class 73-03

Let him know that I would like to reconnect with him after 36 years.

Also, please let him know that I made contact with my other table-mate, Lt. Gen. Stephen B. Plummer.

Love to hear from him.