Saturday, October 3, 2009

Corvette Funfest.. Oh Yes, I was there...


I had a little father son weekend last weekend in Effingham, IL for the 35th Anniversary of Mid America Motorworks.  So for those of you that don't know, my dad likes Corvette's a lot.  This little gathering in Effingham draws around 20,000 corvettes to their fairgrounds every year.  So if you do like vette's, this is the place to be.  We managed to leave with a much better sounding vette than we arrived in thanks to Corsa (worth a click just for the sound bite) and their fantastic sounding pipes!  That being said, the festival was an interesting cross section of Americans.  Overall, I had a great time getting a chance to hang out with my dad, and seeing and hearing some pretty neat cars.  The best part of this trip is that it jump started the next vette project that we are undertaking... You'll be HEARING about it more later...


Stay tuned...

Here is a quick vid of the loudest exhaust I have ever heard followed by some images from the event...

Note the camera shake the first time he really hits the throttle.  It startled me so much I almost dropped my iPhone.  :-)



My dad's car amongst like kind...




Below is install alley where you can drive up and get a new set of pipes in 20 minutes... Do those lifts look pretty cool?  They also fit nicely in a garage like my dad's.  ;-)

Corvette Z06 doing a burnout to please the crowd..

This is about $300 worth of rubber into the burnout... lol  He had brand new tires...

The result of the ridiculous burn out.  Yes that is hundreds of dollars worth of tires bits there...



Out with the old...

In with the new.  Thank you Corsa, these things sound fantastic!

Don't they look nice?
Can't go wrong with Kettle Corn!
Yummy!


I wouldn't want to have to unload that trailer...

Now if you read this far, you are about to travel back in time...  There were two concerts on Sat. night.  The first one was Beach Boy genre Jan & Dean Show.  I felt slightly out of place.  



Then I felt a little better when Survivor came on.  Kind of fun to see a good ole hair band..  Brought me right back to middle school..  These guys dressed the part, but if you look closely they are not that young anymore.  The lead singer still had pretty amazing pipes though we left after 4 songs.  lol  




The mic stand twirling and rock lock gesturing was worth the price of admission alone...  Oh wait it was free.

There will be a series of Corvette posts as we are undertaking a pretty cool project with my dad's C5.  Stay tuned for more pics and updates!




1 comment:

david.infanger said...

Great pics. The black Z06 is one of the meanest looking vettes I've ever seen. I'll have to look into deals on one of these!

Super panorama too!